If you are using a contact for your website for sure you had hard times with robot spammers . To solve a big part of spam robots problem you may want to install on your contact form a CAPTCHA or reCAPTCHA solution !
To do so you need to follow some basic steps :
1. Go to Google’s reCAPTCHA admin page.
2. Register your new website.
3. Get a site key and secret key.
If you are using a simple or a special platform made for you follow this :
1. Paste this snippet before the closing tag on your HTML template:
2. Paste this snippet at the end of the where you want the reCAPTCHA widget to appear:
<div class=”g-recaptcha” data-sitekey=”YOUR SECRET SITEKEY”></div>
Follow Google instruction for further help on Google’s reCAPTCHA admin page.
If you are using WordPress copy the key pair into the admin screen of the site you registered.
1. Go to the admin menu Contact > Integration.
2. Find reCAPTCHA panel and click Configure Keys.
3. Copy the site key and secret key into the fields and save them.
4. Go to the created contact for and insert [recaptcha] into your contact form content. Example: [recaptcha][submit “Send”] .
Available options for recaptcha :
theme:(theme) theme:dark The color theme of the widget. Available values are dark and light. The default value is light.
size:(size) size:compact The size of the widget. Available values are compact and normal. The default value is normal.
id:(id) id:foo id attribute value of the widget.
class:(class) class:bar class attribute value of the widget. To set two or more classes, you can use multiple class: option, like [recaptcha class:y2008 class:m01 class:d01].