Today we will talk about how to handle auto detect gps receiver Igo 8 & Igo Primo .
Perhaps many of you who have bought a GPS navigator without a preinstalled software and you faced with the problem of detecting the GPS receiver of the navigator .
So if you had to install a software like Igo 8 or Igo Primo sometimes you need to give directions to the software core where to look for the receiver .
Igo is a GPS navigation software released by Nav N Go (now NNG) for PDA/PNA, Android and IOS devices .
Igo 8 has a build in auto detect gps check so it wouldn’t be any problem connecting the device GPS receiver, but on Igo Primo 2.0 or 2.4 there is no such option.
So sometimes like we said, you need to give directions to the software core where to look for the receiver and you can do the following :
1. Connect you GPS navigator to a computer
2. In the root of the Igo Primo it should be a file named sys.txt, if not you can create it manually
3. Edit the file an search for [gps] port= baud= or if you created manually the file enter [gps] port= baud=
4. Depending of the GPS manufacturer, the port and baud rate are different !!! For example the baud rate can be 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, etc and the port can be 1,2,3,7, etc, do not enter something like port=”COM2″ on port, very few manufacturers use it .
5. You can try first [gps] port=”AUTO” baud=”AUTO” set_messages=0
6. Unfortunately there is no way to list all port and baud rates for all manufacturers because are a lot of local or Chinese GPS out there so the best way is to search on the internet after the GPS name.
For example :
Asus A639-A696 : Port=5 Baud=4800
SAMSUNG I900 OMNIA port=3 baud=9600 – 57600
Navigon NVG3100 : port=2 baud=4800
Mio Moov 200 : Port=COM2 Baud=57600 Protocol=SIRF
Serioux UPQ475 : port=7 baud=57600
HTC Adventage X7500 : port=4 baud=38400
Mio Spirit 689 deluxe : port=”COM,1″ baud=14400
NavRoad_AURO : port=1 baud=4800
Manta 440ms : port=7 baud=57600
Lark 43.2 : port=0 baud=38400
NAVIO 4301 : port=7 baud=57600
Mio 320B : port=1 baud=57600
HTC Diamond : port=”4″ baud=”9600″
Medion E4430 : baud=”57600″port=”2″
Prestigio RoadScout 5150 : port=7 baud=57600
Goclever Navio 400 : port=1 baud=9600 or port=auto baud=auto
Altina A800 : port=2 baud=4800
Falk F-Series : port=COM2 baud=9600
Goclever GC-3540 : port=7 baud=38400
Modecom MX3 : port=1 baudrate=4800
Mio Moov M610 : port=2 baud=57600
Magellan : port=7 baud=57600
Magellan 5240 LT : port=2 baud=4800
Chinavasion Mobilus CVTD-TR01-2GEN : port=1 baud=4800